We all love our beds. Though most of the time, we're not catching our recommended 8 hours' sleep; rest which is crucial to healthy-looking and feeling skin. We've created our Pomegranate Superfood Regenerating Sleeping Mask so you can wake up to glowing, well-rested skin (even if you stay up all night).
This mask works hard, and it works with the skin's nocturnal healing process. When your body goes into sleep mode, the skin starts to regenerate and restore itself after the daily damage it's exposed to like free radicals, pollutants and UV rays. Known as 'cell mitosis', the skin cells grow and repair in the evenings, and they especially benefit at this time from the nutrients found in good skincare.
Overnight skin treatments are essential to your regime if you have dry, dull or ageing skin. We all lose moisture overnight because we produce less protective oil (sebum) than we do during the day, which tends to seal in that all-important hydrating moisture. Using moisturisers at night is also a good idea because the effects of your day skincare are degraded in the sunlight.
We've used superfood pomegranate for its nourishing and smoothing action on the skin, while its antioxidants and skin-loving vitamins C and K brighten and protect against environmental aggressors. Sunflower seed and grape seed oils promote the repair of the skin barrier, combined with almond oil's great fatty acids which soften and moisturise skin. We've squeezed a lot of benefits into this treatment.
Think of this fuss-free mask as a decadent night cream treatment. Apply a thin layer before bed, let it sink in a little before you sleep and it will work it's magic throughout the night.
Add our Pomegranate Superfood Regenerating Sleeping Mask to your regime for beauty sleep in a jar.
Article credits: Sarah Bleach
- Royal Society Open Science: "Negative effects of restricted sleep on facial appearance and social appeal"
- Journal of Drugs in Dermatology: “Therapeutic Implications of the Circadian Clock on Skin Function”
- Dennis Gross, MD, New York City-based dermatologist and founder of Dennis Gross Skincare
- Mona Gohara, MD, associate clinical professor of dermatology at Yale School of Medicine
- Sonoa Au, MD, of Advanced Dermatology, P.C. in Brooklyn, New York